Sea Core

Tafflad

Chief Petty Officer
I’m a bit unclear over SeaCore.
if I order a new Mercruiser with a Bravo III, does that come with SeaCore protection as standard, or is this a variant of drive that has to be ordered.
Also is it only applicable to drives and not the motors.

alldodge

Staff member
The regular warranty is 3 years, seacore gives a 4 year warranty, and all older and new seacore is

It is the owner's responsibility to ensure that all necessary anti-corrosion devices are in good working order and are providing adequate protection.

IMO, pay more money and get one more year of warranty "IF" you do everything correctly

Also IMO, its not worth the paper its written on, but what is these days

https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/faq/?category[]=mercruiser-corrosion&category[]=mercruiser-maintenance&category[]=mercruiser-winterization

tpenfield

Staff member
As I understand it, SeaCore is a certain model of the Mercruiser engine/outdrive. Having read the product information for SeaCore in the past, it was a bit vague as to the differences of SeaCore with their standard products.

Have a look see at their website.

The product catalogue describes SeaCore as . . . " Available SeaCore® industrial hardcoat anodizing and freshwater (closed) cooling provide the ultimate protection in saltwater. "

I take that as marketing speak for fancy paint on the outdrive and closed cooling on the engine.

Last edited:

Tafflad

Chief Petty Officer
I found same texts on web site - not exactly very clear

tpenfield

Staff member
Some evidence that it is an option is on some boat websites. Here is some engine info from the Sea Ray boat website, showing SeaCore as an option that adds about $6K to the engine package. Not sure if the outdrives as stand-alone units have the anodizing protection that is part of SeaCore as standard 'equipment'.

Click image for larger version  Name:	SeaCore1.png Views:	1 Size:	200.5 KB ID:	10772171