Boat not getting any fuel

Merdock1983

Recruit
I have a 2001 Doral 230br with a 5.7 mercruiser 5.7efi. The boat has a new battery last week the boat started to drain the battery with ignition in off position so I started to cut power from battery untill I had time to trace the problem after the 4th weekend. Boat starts up and ran good this weekend but the last day I went to launch the boat i hooked the battery up and it wouldnt fire it would crank that's it. It has a full tank off gas battery is fully charged. It doesnt seem to be getting any fuel. One thing I did notice is I left the battery hooked up for the last couple days and it's not draining it. So I'm thinking maybe the want ever was stuck on and draining the battery burnt up. I'm about to trace the problem child but was wondering if anybody had any ideas to narrow down my search I did check the fuel pump fuse and it was good.

alldodge

Staff member
Turn key to ON and there should be the sound of the fuel pump turning ON for 2 seconds, and then 2 beeps. If not not getting either see if you have power from the battery to the main power relay when key is ON