Mercruiser 5.0 MPI 2007 intermittent engine cut off issue

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
I should correct this. The word I should have used instead of disconnected is BYPASS.
You can't disconnect the shift assist switch to test it. You have to install a bypass jumper.

To check the main circuit breaker. You put both wires on one of the posts.

Vessel View will only give you codes. Your problem will most likely need more info than just codes.

Vessel view gives you each and every fault and description....but you need to log in. If you aren’t logged in or have not registered...then it’s only codes.

All the best.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Just as an example. Literally just screen shot from my vessel view this second.

Attachments

• 28234033-4D9D-4199-944F-DA653E7D38E6.png
    28234033-4D9D-4199-944F-DA653E7D38E6.png
    93.1 KB · Views: 0

Scott06

Vice Admiral
The fact that the warning horn sounds when this happens points to the ECM losing power or at least suffering a severe voltage drop.

Many ,many things can cause this. Key switch, safety tether, 10 pin and more.

If you post a serial number I can look to see if there any common causes for your engine.

I thinkbthis his is an important clue the beeper going off - had the exact same thing last weekend - was hitting it pretty hard at WOT stuttered heard the beep , engine died , started back up for a second then died and a beep. Had my daughter two me back in on the jet ski... no spark .... swapping ignition modules ... dead mans switch was tweaked ... always the simple stuff