No start 454 mag thunderbolt

mikemdl

Cadet
I have just seen that my ignition module is filled with water! I should have found my problem of why it starts more !! I did all the required tests as he mentions in the manual shop and I replaced the ignition sensor then after having dismounted my ignition module g seen the water out g decided to open it and then found that was filled with water!

achris

More fish than mountain goat
I have just seen that my ignition module is filled with water! ...

Likely not just in the distributor. You need to pull all the wiring and dry it out. Test it (using a 'meggar') to ensure proper insulation. Those earlier sensors were open at the bottom, and the soldered connections corrode. (That's why Merc superseded them to a sealed unit)...

I assume you are seeing a 'no spark' condition.

Have a read of my article on Thunderbolt ignition systems, and run through the troubleshooting flowchart at the end....
http://forums.iboats.com/forum/engi...-mercruiser-thunderbolt-ignition-systems-work

Chris.......

mikemdl

Cadet
thank you very much sorry I am new on this forum and sorry for my English language soso I will go see your file thank you again

alldodge

Staff member
If your boat was under water (was what I was thinking) then there can be all kinds of issues