Trim limit switch

midnightrider1818

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ok I got my new limit switch installed. It's a sierra. I aligned index Mark's on unit. I believe. I see a mark on the housing but nothing on the dial except one of the tabs looks to be like a mark on top. Is this right. Anyways no matter where I turn the switch my trim stops in the exact same place every time. Its stopping at about 21.5 inches measured. Now I know that's close but still dont understand why I have no adjustment.

alldodge

Staff member
What drive and what year?
The switch should be on the Port side and is normally "port" is embossed on it
Do the wires go to the trim pump?
Is the trim gauge working ok?

midnightrider1818

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Yep its on the port side. Works as it should. Trim gauge works great. Just no adjustment out of trim limit switch. Alpha one gen one drive 1989. Yes wires goes to trim pump.

harringtondav

Commander
20.75" is the spec for trim limit cut out for an Alpha II. I'm guessing you installed the stitch one spline tooth out of position. Try removing it and rotate it one spline tooth CW looking at it and reengage the splines. Then rotate the switch hsg CCW to align the screws. You should be able to adjust the upper limit higher to spec.

harringtondav

Commander
midnightrider1818 My bad. I found the spec in my manual while looking for something else. The switch/sender timing marks work if you have your out drive full down when you install them.