Trim limit switch wiring

midnightrider1818

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ok I got the sender figured out. I can't find wires for the limit switch. Right now the trim works using trailer switch and also trim switch. Both up and down. I looked at the wiring diagram under my thread bellows replacement. I can't find where the switch plugs in though. Is it on the main engine wiring harness or is it down by the pump. This is a 89 larson dc 215 with a 305 5.0lx mated to a alpha one gen one.

tpenfield

Staff member
The wiring should be at the back of the engine near the transom. The trim sender wiring and the trim limit wiring that comes from the senders looks alike, but the connectors are slightly different. The limit switch has 2 male connectors and the trim sender has 1 male, 1 female.

tpenfield

Staff member
Also thinking if the trim switch at the helm works and no evidence of wiring from the transom, then the wiring may have been shorted using a jumper.

stonyloam

Vice Admiral
Yeah, sounds like your limit switch has been jumpered. Look for a connector with two blue/white wires, and a purple/white wire that are connected together back near the stern. Those are your trim wires, and the limit switch has been bypassed by connecting them together.