2013 260 HP Hot Start Issue

Mike AVM

Recruit
I have a 2013 Crownline with the 260 HP Mercruiser (2A045138) with B3 outdrive. It will start perfectly the first crank of the day. On re-start, it cranks but will not start. Once it cools a couple or three hours, it will start again. It can run only 2-3 minutes and not re-start. I did "trick" it into starting hot by cracking the throttle in neutral just past idle, turning off the kill switch and while cranking, turn the kill switch back on. It doesn't always work but seems to override any "checks" being done by the ECM to allow the engine to start. It appears electrical versus fuel. I can't imagine a vapor lock after 2 minutes with the cowling open as its never displayed this problem in previous years.

As stated, last year, this wasn't an issue. It started hot or cold perfectly. It also has a steady diagnostics light once running, whether hot or cold. The boat runs great once started. Batteries are on a tender plugged in and good. I'm currently lost. Any ideas?

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Diz cap and battery condition would be where I would start...if you can’t get it plugged in first.
Both known to cause intermittent starting problems on these.
The battery thing totally threw me one year. Was fine enough to crank it over ok...just not enough to power the high demands these things have to fire. Would try and kick when I let go of the key (and the load came off the battery from starter), but only then. Was the battery at fault.

Mike AVM

Recruit
I tried both batteries and ALL. No difference. I'll read it out when the Rinda shows up. Thanks.