3.0 timing and inturrupt

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
ok so i use the black wire going to positive 12 v interrupt switch when its interrupted it goes into base timing with the two white wires connected , when interrupt is off it advances as it should, so my question is why cant those two white wires just stay connected?

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
i don't think there is any mechanical advance on these , i followed the advance and it goes to around 30 at 2500

Rick Stephens

Admiral
On my 4.3 with Voyager EST the two white wires are connected together in a loop. That's the first thing I thought when you posted this. What ignition do you have? And I think you are mixing words 'interrupt' with base timing mode. Interrupt should kill the ignition. Base timing mode prevents advance.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
On my 4.3 with Voyager EST the two white wires are connected together in a loop. That's the first thing I thought when you posted this. What ignition do you have? And I think you are mixing words 'interrupt' with base timing mode. Interrupt should kill the ignition. Base timing mode prevents advance.

the black wire from est runs to my interrupt that has 12 volts powered to other side of interrupt , when switch closes, if white wires are connected it tosses it into base timing not stalling my engine it goes from around 800 rpm to 600 rp , with those two white wires cut , it stalls it if you hang there long enough, id rather it toss into base timing then stalling :)
and this is exactly how it does it on mine. my original question is/was would it do any harm to leave those white wires connected, i don't feel it will but figured id better ask. i have logged 20 hrs with them connected and havent had a issue yet but want to be sure i don't down the line.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
that's the odd part though it don't freeze the timing unless you put power to the black wire and when you do it knocks into base mode , i have been running mine with the two white leads looped for some time now i just wanted to make sure it would not do damage but i guess they don't do anything unless power is applied to black wire. without them looped power applied to black wire stalls engine with attached it just knocks into base timing never stalling engine .

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
i have a new one coming and will see if that one acts same but from what rick was saying his is looped at all times as well?