496 Mag - Gen III cool fuel module - Fuel line removal ??

JRSR6

Recruit
Hello all, wondering if anyone has knowledge on the cool fuel module gen III replacement on a 2007 496 Mag engine? I have the new module and ready to replace but I am having difficult time removing the fuel line to the fuel rail from the top of the old (full of black paint!!) cool fuel module. I know I am missing something simple to get this fuel line off. Disregard the fuel line removal tool (that didn't work) I attached a photo if someone could give me a tip of what i need to do here I would appreciate it.

Attachments

• photo308680.jpg
    photo308680.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 4

alldodge

Staff member
Appears you have removed the fuel retaining screw, so its just stuck. Only thing holding it in is crud and the O ring. It doesn't use the fuel line removal tool that is on the line

fuel.jpg

JRSR6

Recruit
Thanks, I actually just got done taking off the fuel hose from the fuel rail (easy quick disconnect :) ) I put the fuel hose and the cool fuel module top in a vise on the work bench pulled and pulled still stuck, i soaked it in carb cleaner, used a small pick to try and free it up inside and still stuck... i pull so hard the hose starts to bend, guess im going to have to order a new fuel hose! Thanks Mercury!

alldodge

Staff member
wash it out good with water and try some heat, like propane torch