Replacement snap rings for Merc U joints?

harringtondav

Commander
R&R-ing my gear yoke. The snap rings put up quite a fight. Anyone know where these can be purchased. I can blacksmith them back into shape, but I'd rather use new. Thanks ....oops, can't attach a pic. They are bent open.

fishrdan

Admiral
Didn't you replace the U-joints? I would have grabbed one of the old clips, to replace the mangled one.

(I have a couple spare/scrap/old part buckets just for this type of occasion...)

harringtondav

Commander
Didn't you replace the U-joints? I would have grabbed one of the old clips, to replace the mangled one.

(I have a couple spare/scrap/old part buckets just for this type of occasion...)

Thanks Dan. My Unis are OK. My gear yoke was grooved up pretty bad. I replaced it and it's seal. Somewhere up in a 10 deg F garage I have a box of spare/lightly used Merc parts. Thinking I've used up the old clips. I ordered a generic pack of Dorman clips. If they don't work out it will hopefully be warm enough to dig through the junk pile :)

fishrdan

Admiral
Somewhere up in a 10 deg F garage...

Yep $4 is better than freezing trying to find something you might not have. Only 55*F in my garage, just got finished reloading a couple hundred rounds in a T-shirt :D In 6 months that's going to be 100+*...:rolleyes: