Could use a lil help

PatinIdaho

Chief Petty Officer
Always been a VP older boat kinda guy as they are just so easy for the DIY person. Almost 0 experience with Mercruiser
Ran across a great deal on this 1986 Bluewater that has been in storage for over 20yrs or more. Did some research and found there are Love/Hate sides to this engine. Im keeping a open mind for now.
I have ordered the Alternator conversion for it.
I cant get to it for a month or so as its under tarps now and don't want to shovel the snow away to get to it.
I want to order the maintenance stuff for this situation. I do have manual #6 and #8
New Bellows, Hoses, Gimbal bearing kit
New seawater pump,Impeller.

I cant seem to figure out exactly what kits to order by serial number. For the water pump the kits say is you have a preload pin this kit will not work. With out taking it apart how do you know?
Transom seal kits come come with regular hoses and some come with molded hoses. What should i get?
My transom has the grease fitting for the gimbal bearing.
Im working up a order and have the tools i will need. If you need more pictures i might have them saved.
Thanks Guys!

Attachments

• photo308364.jpg
    photo308364.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo308365.jpg
    photo308365.jpg
    768.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo308366.jpg
    photo308366.jpg
    534.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo308367.jpg
    photo308367.jpg
    665.6 KB · Views: 0

achris

More fish than mountain goat
That's an 'MR' drive (1985), in all but name, an Alpha One. You need the water pump kit for drives WITHOUT the preload pin.

stonyloam Will be your best bet for engine advice.