Play in outdrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onexl85

Petty Officer 1st Class
Does anyone know what size socket fits the bolt (32995) and nut (98533) Going to attempt to tighten it from the engine side before I pull the motor.
yeah, I know...........but I gotta try!

alldodge

Staff member
The bolt/nut is 7/16x20 thread, so that should make the heads 9/16

Onexl85

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks all dodge, that will help when I’m going in blind! Everything should be sae if I’m not mistaking

alldodge

Staff member
Yes, it will be SAE, but I also don't see of anyway you will be able to do it, there just isn't enough room. It would be hard pressed to do it with the motor out and still have the transom plate installed. In most all cases the plat comes from the square flats between ring and pin, not pin and steering arm.

You could prove it prior to trying by securing the steering arm so it will not move at all. From outside the boat, look upward at the steering pin under the gimbal ring. Now move the ting and see if it move and the pin does not

Onexl85

Petty Officer 1st Class
Ok so I gave it the ole college try.
i used a Milwaukee inspection camera and was able to tighten the nut about a half turn.......going to just drill the holes with the plug kit

I was able to confirm the play was at the steering arm with the camera however. I had a helper rock the drive and I could see the nut on top moving while the lever wasn’t.

halleyro

Recruit
I know this thread is 2 years old but I have this same issue right now. Curious if you ever solved it by using the plug kit?

achris

More fish than mountain goat
I know this thread is 2 years old but I have this same issue right now. Curious if you ever solved it by using the plug kit?
You read the forum rules about posting to old threads, yet you still did it. 🤦 Please start your own thread.

Thread closed.

Chris.
iboats mod team.

Status
Not open for further replies.