Busted motor mount bolts

Biggyniner

Petty Officer 2nd Class
From those pictures, looks like well enough room for the mount to be bolted in at about 30 degrees off...

JMHO,

Chris.....

My thoughts too, for simplicity sake I thing I'm going this route. And I'm getting galvanized lags...

Thank you everyone for your input.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
lags are used because they can be shot in at initial rigging with a burb gun and in most cases without pre-drilling

and because they are cheap

and because if boat builders built boats the way we want them, or how we would do it, the boats would cost about 25%-50% more

achris

More fish than mountain goat
...and because if boat builders built boats the way we want them, or how we would do it, the boats would cost about 25%-50% more

Goes for just about everything I come across in life. :facepalm:

I had to fight with my builder to get the roller axles on my new garage door extended. When the door was open, you could see the side of it bending due to the weight on a short axle. I measured it at 5 degrees. That sort of flexing leads to fractures in the sheet metal. When I showed the door manufacturer, he said straight up, "If you want it to last more than 5 years it will cost more." I'm sure you can guess my reply to that! I have my longer axles, and without paying a cent more.

Chris..........

Scott06

Vice Admiral
Absolutely just tweak it around the old lags, no need for epoxy just grind them flush and seal with 5200, put a little 5200 in the new holes when you go back in. I was able to drill pilot holes at a little bit of an angle with a cheap 3/8x18" bit so I didn't have to mark it and pull the engine to drill.

Dont over think it, as long as your alignment is good it will be fine.