1969 Mercruiser Model 2 Replacement Options

jcm33

Recruit
Hi all...new to the forum. Picked up a 1969 Sea Ray Pachanga that came with a GM 327 and Mercruiser Model 2. Cool old boat and couldn't scrap it. I've pulled the Model 2 (haven't scrapped, but do NOT want to put back on). The transom needed to be repaired so that has been completed - I covered over the hole where the Model 2 came through. So basically saying I have a clean slate! I thought the 327 was cool and it runs great...was hoping to find a solid bolt-on outdrive that would attach to it. Reading this form maybe should just get engine and outdrive together...any suggestions? Is there a bell housing that would work for the 327 and Bravo?
Thanks!

Bondo

Staff member
Reading this form maybe should just get engine and outdrive together...any suggestions? Is there a bell housing that would work for the 327 and Bravo?

Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,...... Life is much easier if ya swap in a complete package driveline,.....

'n I believe yer hull is of the Sporty type, which should be able to handle some pretty big horsepower,.....

That said, the Bravo drive is probably yer Best bet,......

If ya bought a 305 or 350 Bravo package, you could strip down the motor, 'n substitute the 327 in it's place,.....
The draw back is,..... You could be leavin' gobs of horsepower at the dock,.....

The Alpha drives are an option, but horsepower is more limited with an Alpha, than a Bravo,...