4.3 throttle linkage and hardware

Chuckd91

Seaman Apprentice
Im in the process of rebuilding/repowering my welcraft excel 20SL and am switching from volvo to mercruiser. (FYI- the parts of the 2 brands for steering, coupler, and inner transome plates are VERY similar but cannot be mixed together. I learned the hard way that close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades lol) Im installing a alpha one gen 2 and my next issue is the carb linkage. Im running a 4 barrel holly and i believe the carb was on a volvo previously. (Bought used). Im about to rebuild the carb and realized i have no clue what connects the carb throttle shaft to the shift cable bracket/interrupter switch bracket assembly. If i need to find and install a different style bracket on the throttle shaft, now is the time to do it lol. Any info or good pics of the setup and hardware of the throttle linkage would be very appreciated.

Attachments

• photo306120.jpg
    photo306120.jpg
    670.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo306121.jpg
    photo306121.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 0

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Im about to rebuild the carb and realized i have no clue what connects the carb throttle shaft to the shift cable bracket/interrupter switch bracket

Short answer ,nothing. The throttle cable is attached with a bracket to the 2 rear most carb studs . The barrel connects there and the plastic end connects to the carbs linkage. If you need the new plate, pm me

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Untitledt5.jpg

Chuckd91

Seaman Apprentice
Thanks for the info. I am willing to be the 2 barrel bracket will not work with the 4 barrel carb, right?
and the carb linkage on the throttle shaft doesnt have the stud for the cable to attach to the carb like i see in the pictures so im going to have to exchange/modify what i have between the 2 and 4 barrel carbs

Rick Stephens

Admiral
I ended up buying a different bracket when I swapped from 2 Bbl to 4Bbl. I bought the OEM Mercruiser bracket off Fleabay.

Chuckd91

Seaman Apprentice
How did you attach the round threaded brass cable thing (not sure what the correct term is lol) to the bracket from summit? Thanks

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
that is the standard morse cable end. notice the little bracket with the round clip thingy. works perfect because that is what its made for.

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
If you have holes drilled you simply add a 1/4 x 20 bolt and nylok nuts