Bravo 1 parts boat

whiskeyRichard

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I am looking for a boat that I can part out mostly to get all the parts I need to swap my alpha for a bravo.

I have found one that I think may work, but the transom assembly looks different than others I have looked at. Is there something strange going on here? I have not gone to look at the boat in person.

Here is a link to the ad for the boat....scroll down a little bit you can see the outdrive.

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/...d55_8d4abf58c2214dcfaf6aa82cc5854e83~mv2.webp

scoflaw

Ensign
You won't know how good those parts are until the 3 big pieces come apart. The housing corrodes at the seal area and the water opening, the ring wears where the swivel pin fits and the threads in the bell are prone to stripping.

thumpar

Admiral
Looks like a Bravo but with a flange around where it mounts. Maybe it had a hole for an OMC and that is what they came up with to fill it and put the Bravo in. That boat would have been made before Bravos where around so who know what it was originally.

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
Looks like a Bravo but with a flange around where it mounts. Maybe it had a hole for an OMC and that is what they came up with to fill it and put the Bravo in.
If you can get that boat cheap, it might be a good deal since that "flange" could be fairly valuable to someone that wants to put a Cobra/Volvo/Mercruiser in an older boat.

Bondo

Staff member
Looks like a Bravo but with a flange around where it mounts. Maybe it had a hole for an OMC and that is what they came up with to fill it and put the Bravo in. That boat would have been made before Bravos where around so who know what it was originally.

Ayuh,....... Yer Right,..... except the conversion plate matches the ole Volvo/ TRS transom hole,.....

Those plates, if in new/ great condition bring 'bout a grand,.....

When my Bud, Bobby converted that 50'er from 3 TRSs to 3 Bravo IIIs, those are the plates he used,.....