• sensor 3.jpg
    sensor 3.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 0
  • WP_20181125_16_30_35_Pro.jpg
    WP_20181125_16_30_35_Pro.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 0

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Simply amazing how humans can F%&* things up. All that was needed was to retap with a 1/8 pipe thread tap and reinstall the sensor. Are you good at soldering ? I can supply a threaded bushing you can solder on to the housing and install a fitting if the threads are missing from the ps cooler. Try your local home depot, or a quality hardware store that sells brass fittings, a good marine store too

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Simply amazing how humans can F%&* things up. ...

Never ceases to amaze... (and amuse... :D)

The other option, pull the cooler out completely and take it to a radiator shop. They should be able to repair it... They also have the right soldering/brazing gear, and having done thousands, it'll be quick and right first time. ;)

rickasbury

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Click image for larger version  Name:	41A2c03YDtL._AC_UL130_.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.1 KB ID:	10683147 I can probably handle that OK...is there anything below the hole that a drill would hit as I need to clean out/size the hole for tapping? Will the shavings pass out of the system OK? Install a fitting like this? Or more like a threaded bushing like you suggested to be soldered? th_id=OP.9RBq6GHoqv4hKg474C474&o=5&pid=21.jpg

Last edited:

alldodge

Staff member
No need to worry about the shavings, they will pass on thru. I would remove the cooler to work on it, but that's just me.

is there anything below the hole that a drill would hi

There can be, its the PS cooler and has lubes running thru it

rickasbury

hey AllDodge have not seen you post anything for a while....finally getting my boat back together, you helped me with my Y pipes I had to cut off....what a project and to find this little mess at the end of it...not sure I could get a drill on it installed anyway and will just probably pull it.....assume the bushing would work if that other hot mess was!

alldodge

Staff member
The bushing should work if there is enough material to work with. Might be easier to braze a piece on it like BT mentioned. In any case need to get it out of there to have a better look at what the issues are

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
what I have is thicker in the wall thickness
watco-bushings-38116-64_400_compressed.jpg

rickasbury

so that is threaded id and od? Not up on these pieces and parts..I will get it out, it was running ok before so I assume the cooler is ok. Just can't imagine how it got screwed up in the first place but oh well......my dad passed away this am so it will be a few days before I get back to it- it was expected and a relief frankly so all is good.

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
I would file the external threads off ,round the bottom to fit the cooler shell and solder/braze it in place

alldodge

Staff member
Sorry for your loss Rick, prayers are with you and yours.

When you get back we can discuss options