1977 Mark Twain w/140hp Mercruiser

longhornman

Recruit
Hello,

I'm sorry to bother you all with this but wanted to get some advice. This boat was not winterized and now water is coming out of the engine. I have a picture of where its coming out of (sorry its not the best pic to show exactly where it is coming from). I've read through numerous posts and articles but not finding what I can at least comprehend. Can yall tell from the picture what the problem is and if so, does this mean a completely new engine? The lady and gentlemen with the boat have been honest and think its a broken freeze plug or cracked head.

Thanks you all so much.

Attachments

• photo294813.jpg
    photo294813.jpg
    968.7 KB · Views: 0

Bondo

Staff member
Hello,

I'm sorry to bother you all with this but wanted to get some advice. This boat was not winterized and now water is coming out of the engine. I have a picture of where its coming out of (sorry its not the best pic to show exactly where it is coming from). I've read through numerous posts and articles but not finding what I can at least comprehend. Can yall tell from the picture what the problem is and if so, does this mean a completely new engine? The lady and gentlemen with the boat have been honest and think its a broken freeze plug or cracked head.

Thanks you all so much.

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,..... Yes, that motor is now an Anchor,.....