Bravo 1 part not listed in manual-help

tank1949

Lieutenant Commander
I am refurbishing and rebuilding my SR Amberjack, because a south Florida boat surveyor miss ROT. Lots of ROT. I know how to do the repairs but in disassembling or removing the transom assembly, I discovered an intake water manifold part not listed or displayed in my downloaded Bravo 1 service manual. I have these parts on both my transom assemblies. The transom assemblies are impossible to remove unless these aluminum-donut looking parts are removed. I have no idea why former owner added these. He can't remember why his mechanic added them. They are bolted on to the Transom assembly with counter-sunk allen-head bolts. The manifold then bolts onto these parts. I have applied heat to the allen-head machine screws with no positive results. I am currently soaking (the best that I can) these bolts in a marine penetrating oil. I can always drill out the allen-head bolts, but I would prefer not to. Does anyone know the purpose of these donut-looking spacers? I have tried to upload photos, but keep getting Iboats' errors.

alldodge

Staff member
I'm going to need a pic

Not sure what part of the assembly your discussing

Slide1.JPG

tank1949

Lieutenant Commander
Sorry, but I couldn't get these photos to upload before. I call the part, for lack of proper definition, the aluminum donut behind the hose connector. The "donut" is not in my manual. The only thing I suspect is that it has been added on in order to redirect the angle of the sea water hose connector. My sea water pick up pump is attached to crankshaft. THX!

Attachments

• photo294644.jpg
    photo294644.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • photo294645.jpg
    photo294645.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1

alldodge

Staff member
Thought I saw it all but this is a new one. Think this was done to fix a Bravoits issue. Need some heat and an impact driver.

fetch

Fun Times

Staff member
Is your engine model a diesel by chance? Have a transom serial number handy?

Bondo

Staff member
He can't remember why his mechanic added them. They are bolted on to the Transom assembly with counter-sunk allen-head bolts. The manifold then bolts onto these parts. I have applied heat to the allen-head machine screws with no positive results.

Ayuh,..... If this is goin' back into the same place it came from, for the same application,....

I'd leave 'em be, 'n paint everything in-place,.....

tank1949

Lieutenant Commander
Transom and drives are gas models and in the 1995 production date range. The "donut" acts like a spear head's barbs and will not allow me to remove the inside transom plate. The inside transom plate's hole is smaller that "donut." I absolutely have to remove the "donut" in order to remove the complete transom assembly to rebuild rotted transom that incompetent marine surveyor missed.