4.3l volvo penta Starting problems

Krwg35

Recruit
I have a 4.3 Volvo Penta V6 engine and I'm having starting problems I have a brand new battery a brand new starter and solenoid and a new 90 amp breaker the boat started fine before I installed a new shift cable. I have power to all gauges on the dash and what I am experiencing is when I turn over to start the engine all power shuts off immediately and I have no power whatsoever once I disconnect the battery and connect it one more time all power comes back I can't figure out why the starter is not engaging can you help me

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
How long have you waited before disconnecting the battery? does the Solenoid click when you turn the key to start? If it does and then every thing goes dead, it sounds like a big short to ground and the breaker opens. The time it takes you to unhook and reattach the battery might just be the right amount of time the breaker needs to cool down. Did you take pictures or make a diagram of the wiring before you removed the starter and Solenoid? Same goes for when you were messing with/replacing the shift cable. Are all your connections clean, tight, and not shorting to ground