Alpha one Gen 2 Assembly Question

Landon116

Seaman Apprentice
Hey all, new to the forum. Great resource here.

Got a new to me bowrider,
I am going to service the gimbal bearing and bellows this weekend as I think the bearings is growling pretty bad and I don't know the service history.
My question is : on the Gen 2's, do they also have the little plastic peice that pushes into the water hose on the bellhousing? I have the special socket on order to remove the bolts but I am afraid that It has that plastic peice that I see on YouTube videos and I want to make sure I have it on order. Or does the water hose connect via a nipple and clamp?

thanks guys!
Landon

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
The Alpha drive use a barbed fitting and clamp on the gimbal side and just the clamp on the water inlet fitting in the transom.
Bravo housings use the screw in connector flange on the drive side and the engine side.

Landon116

Seaman Apprentice
The Alpha drive use a barbed fitting and clamp on the gimbal side and just the clamp on the water inlet fitting in the transom.
Bravo housings use the screw in connector flange on the drive side and the engine side.

Thanks, so I should be able to take the bell housing off without having to replace any one-time use parts for the connection of the water hose? Also what about the oil hose the goes to the back of the bell housing, will i need to likely replace it?

Thanks
Landon