Trim pump question

Blentz17

Seaman Apprentice
I had to change my trim pumps Solenoids both upper and lower. Other then the clicking from the bad solenoids the pump works fine and responded well to the control lever. Now that it’s reinstalled I’m not getting any response from the control box/ lever. I ran a pair of jumper cables from the battery and tested the solenoids the pump, both work fine. Any suggestions of why the pump may not be responding the the control lever?

Last edited:

alldodge

Staff member
Check the 20 amp fuse, should be an inline on the pump

Blentz17

Seaman Apprentice
The inside of the fuse looks slightly cooroded but the middle coil is not broken so I don’t think the fuse is blown

alldodge

Staff member
Might be, but could also be just corrosion. I had one stop working because the 3-prong plug went bad inside. Pulled the plug and contacts looks good but the wire was not making connection inside.

Need a voltmeter to check contacts and voltage

Blentz17

Seaman Apprentice
I pulled the harness it’s really corroded on both ends I’ll clean it and see what happens

Blentz17

Seaman Apprentice
Changed the 20 amp and nothing. How could I test the 110amp fuse that’s on the comes off the solonid

alldodge

Staff member
Changed the 20 amp and nothing. How could I test the 110amp fuse that’s on the comes off the solonid

Need an ohm meter, but that fuse is normally a 90 amp, and normally if the motor cranks over its in tack. Best way to check is an ohm meter.

You can pick up a multimeter (w/ohm scale) from walmart for less then $10