Mercruiser issues with alarm and guardian mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

NH Tooner

Cadet
So far no one has figured out how to bypass the sensor. As for the ground issue, just make sure to use no sealant on the threads. Also since the sensor is mounted on the power steering cooler, make sure the bolts holding it to the engine are tight and the cooler does not move any.

Low pressure can also be from anything clogging up the channels, this is from the drive, thru the pump and out. My first thought is the seawater pump. Even though the impeller has been changed those pumps have issues with sucking air if the wear plates are not in good shape. You could get a piece of 1 1/4 clear hose and put it inline to see if anything is showing up

I tried the ground on the sensor. No luck. Next step is it clean all lines Only thing left to do I guess. Already changed the pump housing. Did not look at the mating surface though. The pump housing looked good but changed it anyway just need to fix this issue. Is clear plastic hose safe to run? I?ll change all of it

alldodge

Staff member
Is clear plastic hose safe to run?

Yes, but I wouldn't leave it, but some have and have had no issues. Most just add a short piece at different hoses

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Basically the 3 wire sensor is this. B= ecm, C=5 volts DC, D=wiper all the wiper does is change the voltage reading in respect to ground
still getting the air pressure feed setup to read the values of the resistor

Gilstrapja

Recruit
Did you ever solve the problem? Having basically the same issue and can’t figure it out.

8.1 horizon
When it gets to around 1700 rpm it’s throws an alarm. It doesn’t have a code. Only
fault we can see is high water pressure (79-106psi) with he computer hooked up it never reads over 13psi but after the alarms set and you check the fault page it shows high water pressure.

Has new maifolds. New seawater pump. New sensor. And we switched computers with other engine.

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Did you ever solve the problem? Having basically the same issue and can’t figure it out.

8.1 horizon
When it gets to around 1700 rpm it’s throws an alarm. It doesn’t have a code. Only
fault we can see is high water pressure (79-106psi) with he computer hooked up it never reads over 13psi but after the alarms set and you check the fault page it shows high water pressure.

Has new maifolds. New seawater pump. New sensor. And we switched computers with other engine.

Hello Gilstrapja. We try to not post in threads older than 90 days. This thread is more than a year old. If you have a problem, please start a new thread, and link back to this one if you need to.

Thank you
Chris.
iboats Mod team.

Status
Not open for further replies.