Oil Bypass valves 30psi

Hello from Oz gentleman,
The more i read about these bypass valves the more confused i get. 454 Mag Mpi Horizon 2000 x 2 in Sea Ray Engine VI
During rebuild i removed these oil bypass valves, which was a good thing as they where blocked with debris.
when purchasing new valves was where the confusion starts as all suppliers had 30 psi valves.
Some people i read leave them out all together. My manual says "If you have a vertical external oil cooler fitted to front of the engine then you must install a 30 psi valve" Now this is the setup i have. So the question i have is " should i install them , them being 2 of, or leave them out, Do i install the 30psl valves in both locations or do i install just 1 in one location. Lets call Locations center and off center.
Any help to clear this up would be greatful as motors are still sitting on stands as apparently if i get this wrong i can cook the motors.
kind regards

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
depends.....

on plumbing of your oil cooler and your remote filter head as well as if there is a bypass in your remote filter head

if you leave them out, you will have no oil flow.

since you have the vertical cooler, you can either put 30# in each location, or you can stake a plug in the rail oil cooler plumbing

start reading http://garage.grumpysperformance.com...ferences.4576/