MercMonitor Eco: Monitoring fuel consumption on Mercruiser 4.3 MPI

animap

Cadet
Hi, I was looking for a way to measure fuel consumption on my Mercruiser 4.3 MPI (2012 year model) and found the Mercmonitor Eco which can be plugged into the motor and give a lot of data about it.
Will this MercMonitor Eco be able to display both actual consumption (like gallon/hour)? Also will it be able to display miles/gallon, for this I suppose it needs speed data over NMEA 2000 or NMEA 183? Or does the Mercmonitor Eco has a build in GPS for speed sensing? Will I need any additional things to be able to use it with my Mercruiser 4.3 MPI, or does it come with everything needed?

Sorry for many questions, but I find there are many various models of the Mercmonitor (and something called data level 1,2,3) so it is kind of confusing what each type can do and what accessories that are needed.

Thanks a lot for a great forum!

bman440440

Petty Officer 1st Class
it will do gal per hour but to get MPG yes you will need to network via nmea 2000... as far as what is displayed it all depends on what "kit" you get... the best option is to call mercruiser support and find out exactly what kit you need for what you want to see... they are VERY good for support over the phone from the time I have called them

animap

Cadet
The VesselView Mobile App in conjunction with the VesselView Mobile Module can give that info to your smartphone or tablet.
You might need a terminator as well.

https://mercury.vesselviewmobile.com/#/

Thats actually really cool. No need for cables, or installation, just the 275$ module, and then your phone is basically the display of all the parameters including miles/gallon.

Alumarine

Captain
Thats actually really cool. No need for cables, or installation, just the 275$ module, and then your phone is basically the display of all the parameters including miles/gallon.

And it takes 2 minutes to install.

animap

Cadet
No Title

And it takes 2 minutes to install.

I was at the boat today and was happy to find this little yellow connector! So now I ordered one of the Vesselview Mobile box, and just sit back and wait for it to arrive :) Thanks for the great tip!

Attachments

• photo276429.jpg
    photo276429.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 1