Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
See more
See less

Lehr gas mileage chart

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lehr gas mileage chart

For everybody that is wondering.
    Here is a propane gas mileage chartClick image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	7195276
    Last edited by ronaldj; April 21st, 2014, 03:44 PM.
    Zodiac Fastroller 325
    Lehr 5HP propane outboard

Re: Lehrer gas mileage chart

Thanks for posting that chart. The 31 pound tank is the one I'll use with my 15 Lehr, if I ever finish the damn boat.
    The problem is that it needs to be mounted on it's side. Lehr needs to figure out how to do that in a boat and keep it from rolling around.

Have you finished your boat yet? I think I have a solution for the tank moving problem. In fact you can strap the tank to the transom or the bench seat. That works on a Rib, Sib or Jon boat
      Zodiac Fastroller 325
      Lehr 5HP propane outboard

Hi Ron, Still working on it. Built the outer gunwales Sunday. It's looks so close to finished but there are still a million things to do. My six month boat build has gone over a year.

Looks like they made a typo on the 9.9 gph. WOT uses .44 gph, but 3000 rpm uses 1 gph. lol

I'm considering the 9.9 hp for a Gheenoe, but I'm still on the fence. We have non-ethanol available here, but I've read you still need a GOOD fuel filter for new gas outboards.

HopCar, I see you finished your project & the picture looks nice!
          Last edited by JLK62; January 1st, 2015, 01:40 PM.

Thanks JKL62, I was hoping to get out in it again over the weekend but it didn't happen.
            You're right about the typo. The 9.9 should burn about 4 pounds or 1 gallon per hour at WOT.
            If you decide to buy the Lehr 9.9, spring for the electric start. It's wonderful!