Help me ID a 4 hp Evinrude

keith321

Recruit
I was given a 4 hp evinrude Model # E4RDCRM and serial # B001865. When I look for parts I cannot find the model # listed anywhere. I think it is a 1984 and is the deluxe model. Please help ID.

tomhath

Master Chief Petty Officer
You are correct. The M at the end is just a production run designator and can be ignored. So the actual model number is E4RDCR

Vic.S

Rear Admiral
I was given a 4 hp evinrude Model # E4RDCRM and serial # B001865. When I look for parts I cannot find the model # listed anywhere. I think it is a 1984 and is the deluxe model. Please help ID.
It is as you say a 1984 Deluxe model.

Full cowling like the bigger models and FNR gearsl

It's listed in the model number lists, which confirms the validity of the number, but does not appear in the BRP and other parts lists.

Where in the world are you ?

I know it was marketed in the UK / Europe... perhaps not the USA where the on line parts lists apply.

Quote the model number to your dealer when you require parts and i am sure you will be able to get what you need.if still available

Here it is for you in, what you will realise when you read the reference to car boots is, a UK catalogue

scan0056.jpg

Last edited:

keith321

Recruit
Thanks for the help. I leave in Florida. Looking at the motor it was made in Belgium, may be why I cannot find a model listing for it in US parts suppliers.