CD 24D Johnson

NHamzei

Recruit
Hello All,<br /><br />I have a Johnson Outboard Model# CD 24D. From what I read in the posts it is a 1967 6.6 HP. although on the www.kencook.com it lists the CD24 as the 6.6 HP 1967 model. Doesnt not make mention of the 'D' model.<br /><br />My engine starts very well and has been running great pushing my sailboat out of the harbor. the last time I was out, as we were leaving the harbor, we were hit by a large wake. The engine stopped, but I was raisng sail so I just tested to see if it starts again and it did.<br /><br />When we finsihed sailing and were entering the harbor, I noticed that although the engine starts, and I can shift from neutral to forward or reverse, The propeller wasnt spinning like it should. It didn't seem to ingage. I have the motor off and I have ordered a repair manual. DOes anyone have any ideas on where to start looking or advise?<br /><br />Thanks<br /><br />N

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: CD 24D Johnson

Howdy, Nihil.<br /><br />The "D" in the model number is a run number. It doesn't change the model.<br /><br />You have probably broken the shear pin in the prop. Simple to replace. You should also carry a couple of spares.<br /><br />Good luck. :)