1983 evinrude 15hp 2-stroke-- head gasket replacement. Is it worth the trouble?

Snoopy698d

Cadet
The bottom cylinder has gone out. Compression is 90# on each cylinder. After inspection I concluded the ignition coil had gone out. Replaced, no worky. Closer inspection while the outboard is running in neutral I see bubbling gas coming from the seam of the head/block. It needs a new head gasket for sure. It has always leaked fuel inside the motor cavity, this has got to be the reason why. So the first question is: Is head gasket replacement difficult? 2nd question: what could be the problem with the 2nd cylinder, are there other issues to address while the motor is apart? I got this motor a few months ago and I got it going with new fuel pump, water pump, fuel lines and new carb. This cylinder went out after about 1 hr of boating on a new fuel pump. I think this '83 will become a new motor once its all over with. So my questions would be $$$ and difficulty, and perhaps other things I may want to change out if I have the motor apart. I'm a novice, but handy and eager to learn this motor.