Need help with 77 115 wont do anything but idle

So I just bought my first bass boat and I have been working on getting the motor going. I have rebuilt the carbs and they have been meticulously cleaned. The fuel lines have been cleaned as well as the fuel pump. So I took the boat for a maiden voyage and it ran great for the first 20 min got up on plane and revved up to 4800 then I slowed down and the motor would only idle. When I would give it gas it would bog and return to idle or die. The motor will also rev when it is in neutral with the fast start lever when in the water. I checked the compression it's 100 on all. I checked the spark it jumps a gap. What else could it be???

tblshur

Senior Chief Petty Officer
you might try pumping bulb if you havent already, while giving throttle,check throttle linkages,vent in tank and post model # for the guys that really know what to do good luck:joyous:

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
Make sure the link arm connecting the spark advance lever to the timer base arm is still connected. If one end of the arm comes loose you will get no spark advance. It may rev somewhat in neutral without the arm connected.