johnson 50hp some spark

tblshur

Senior Chief Petty Officer
i have a j50tlco 85 50hp missing i pulled the top plug wire no change, pulled bottom wire enjine dies switched coils no change noticed melted tar from under flywheel pulled flywheel charge coil was oozing but it and sensor coil are within specs, with ohmn meter replaced charge coil and power pack after that i noticed the sensor coil had ooze also reads 40 ohmns but have a bad miss do you think i should replace it ?:confused: compression 120 both cyl .or should i check something else:joyous:

tblshur

ps i now have good spark it jumps a 1/2 spark gap tester just not consistent:rolleyes:

tblshur

:bump: after i put the charge coil in the spark was really good except when it misses

Nabout

Recruit
I would make sure the magnet on the fly wheel a cleaned off and all of the wired connections are good no insulators In The way then check your points

tblshur

Nabout thanks for your responce magnets look new, connections seem good and dont have points, im thinking timing or the sensor coil. do not know how to check either except the sensor coil reads 40 ohmns thanks again have a good day.:)

tblshur

thanks Bosunsmate, i got good spark after i put new charge coil in ,still had miss i thought a spark miss, however i i cleaned carbs and found what looks like a bologna skin under both float needles:laugh: it runs much better:clap2: also i was thinking why dont people follow up with post after they find troubles it may help someone else. thus my responce today. i had forgotton to follow up myself sorry for the delay in my responce. thank you for your help.ill try to do better. ;)