Evinrude Simplex controls for 1965 33 hp Evinrude SkiTwin

HBF4

Seaman Apprentice
Does anyone know where I can get parts for the Evinrude Simplex controls? I broke the plastic part that the shift cable slides through in the control box. It's a double lever shift box for manual shift

tomorgan

Recruit
Re: Evinrude Simplex controls for 1965 33 hp Evinrude SkiTwin

Not sure if anyone replied back as to where you could find the plastic part for the shifter cable but I need the same part. If anyone out there knows where i can find this part I would greatly appreciate it. The cable slides through the plastic piece and tightened by two little set screws.

Thanks

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: Evinrude Simplex controls for 1965 33 hp Evinrude SkiTwin

Not sure if anyone replied back as to where you could find the plastic part for the shifter cable but I need the same part. If anyone out there knows where i can find this part I would greatly appreciate it. The cable slides through the plastic piece and tightened by two little set screws.

Thanks

Assuming your control is also a 1965, go to http://shop.evinrude.com/ Click on Electronic Parts Catalog, then select OB Accessories from the drop-down list where it defaults to Evinrude. Select 1972, the oldest it goes back to, but don't worry it is the same control. You can order it right there.