trim tabs or fins??

digimortal777

Petty Officer 1st Class
im thking of puttin trim tabs on my row boat but i am unsure<br /><br />are the fins you can get for engines any good , i cant remember what there called but they go in the cav plate???<br /><br />the reason i ask is that there was work done on my stern at one time and i might not be able to put tabs onto it (long story)<br /><br />i have an 18 ft rowboat with a 68' 9.5 johnson

Beaux

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: trim tabs or fins??

Yes, that is what they are called. They make two kinds. One that is a solid one piece design and the other type which you refer to which are two seperate fins that bolt on. All these mount to your cav. plate and are a lot cheaper than trim tabs. On your rig I would think it would help you get planed a little bit better. Only $27.00 at west. I wouldnt spend a whole bunch as no matter what you put on your setup, with a 9.5 pushing it, it will not jump on plane and run fast. This may help you though. Good Luck <br />
06534_f.jpg

radsrh

Petty Officer 1st Class

Go with the fins I don't think that tabs would do much for the set up you have the fin should help you plane better.

I think the fins are the best performance addition for the least amount of money. Wal-Mart carries the Sting-Ray and they have a lifetime guarantee.