1990 Evinrude VRO 70 hp cuts out

Status
Not open for further replies.

petryshyn

Commander
Re: 1990 Evinrude VRO 70 hp cuts out

You guys are a blast....LoL. If you knew what fails in 99% of these electronics, you'd cry.(cracked solder joints) Do you know what determines the fixability of a powerpack?....The darn epoxy or sealing agent they use to waterproof the electronics and keep us out. Quite often a heat gun gets us past that.<br />Can it be intermittent? You darn rights it can. JB hits it on the nose. A cracked solder joint can make and break connection with expansion and contraction cause by temperature fluctuations. Most electronics can be easily repaired once we remove the hermetic sealing material.<br /> ;)

Philby

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1990 Evinrude VRO 70 hp cuts out

Ok boys<br />finally got and fitted the new powerpack as well as a new warning horn for the VRO ( yes, I can hear your groans from here , but I'm sticking with the VRO. I'll tell you if it fails . Honest ! )<br /><br />Ayway, fitted the new powerpack and guess what, made not a bit of difference !<br /><br />Only kidding !!! Works a treat.It might be my imagination, but the engine seems to run smoother too.<br /><br />My thanks to all and a very merry Christmas.<br /><br />Now I can put it away for the winter !<br /><br />Not the boat, the dress. !

williamfw57

Cadet
I'm having the same prob w/ a 1990 70 hp evinrude cuts out then runs fine after a while,,,,could you tell me the PN/ of the powerpack for that engine

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I'm having the same prob w/ a 1990 70 hp evinrude cuts out then runs fine after a while,,,,could you tell me the PN/ of the powerpack for that engine

Only if you start a new thread. After being inactive 14 years, you really don't expect an answer, do you?. Read the Help Tip on top of the page.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.