2000 200 Johnson Ocean Pro

Big Rod

Seaman Apprentice
My 200 Ocean Pro is a heavy smoker at idle, runs good though.My question.Was the so called improvment to the yr. 2000 motors full time 50:1 oil inj.? And, could that be the reason for the excessive smoking at idle only? I'am using SuperTech(Wal Mart)oil(claims to exceed specs.)Otherwise,I love the motor.

Little Bear

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 2000 200 Johnson Ocean Pro

Big Rod,<br />I use the Wal-Mart oil also. Sometimes this can be corrected by leaning out the idle mixture a bit. Dont over do it.<br />Good Luck,<br />Little Bear

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: 2000 200 Johnson Ocean Pro

Yes the pumps supply a straight 50:1 mix. I have always been amazed at the differences in oil. Thru the years we have done a lot of testing (dyno and real world) on lots of components including oil. If you are shopping at Wal Mart check out their Pennzoil selection. They have a 5 quart deal thats the same price as most gallons. Be sure to stick with the Pennzoil Marine line which is different than the non marine line. You will see that the Pennzoil Marine is a synthetic blend. It is an excellent oil and I think you will be pleased with the performance. I am. Make sure you are running the correct Champion spark plugs also.<br /><br />Good luck!