Thanxs and more ? from previous posts

Wink

Cadet
OK corm, 12footer mercman, have followed advice and here how it stacks up, The 85 Johnson that would not turn off, Replaced switchbox, no result, ended up being the key, Darned meter lied!!!<br /><br />Took it to Marine Tech, replaced key, he also thought may be atator related but apparently not. 1 more ? tech said that the linkage is not advancing the timing, thought this was a direct lever, how can this be failing, guess I should clarify, he said from control box will not advance, but manually from motor will? that seems odd?<br /><br /><br />RE: Merc 200<br /><br />My 200 Merc, stator OK, guess it has to be the switch box, costly little devils, but I enjoyed the post from mercman, would like to hear more MErc Ignition 101 if you ever get some time (probably next winter) seeing as the water is getting warm. <br /><br />12 footer re: merc 125 fule problems<br /><br />actually thought you had it with the bad bulb, took clear hose from bulb to motor, saw lots o air bubbles, new stuff does go bad, got a real one from Merc dealer! But thought it was solved out last night stalking some Snookies and did it again. THis is after just came back from shop. HAS TOO BE PUMP AND POP OFF!<br /><br />I really enjoty all posts!!!<br /><br />And 1 final ?...for now It seems as a youngin when brought boat hom, always disconnected ful and lett motor run out, But being the observant one that I am, why is it with larger oudboard there is not some type of shutoff, I can understand a a fuel inj motor, but for a carb job, is it better to leace bowls full or empty ?

MERCMAN

Seaman
Re: Thanxs and more ? from previous posts

Glad you you enjoyed my long winded explanation on ignition but it wasn't as long as it took me to type it. As for the fuel being left in carbs if you use stabilizer in fuel I would leave fuel in carbs especially if you live a good distance from water the fuel acts like a cushion to floats while trailering and won't dissturb float settings.