Opinions needed on a 2000/175hp Johnson OB.

caabab

Cadet
I am about to purchase a boat with a 2000/175hp johnson and was interested in hearing whether anyone has anything good or bad to say about the motor. This is the carberator motor, not the ingected motor.Any thoughs, experiences or concerns would be appreciated.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: Opinions needed on a 2000/175hp Johnson OB.

They are an engine with many recalls. Mostly, the problems were with oil injection,but have also heard of problems with fuel line routing (or some such thingy).<br />But those that have them,and make to the end of warantee, usually disconnect the oil injection and run mixed fuel. The lack of oil was the major destroyer of that model.<br />The other problems were not fatal,if i remember right.<br /><br /><br />------------------<br />Sandbar? Sandbar? I don't see no stinking sanDBARRRrrrrr!!!

piper638

Cadet

I just bought a 2001 johnson 200, the dealer is comming to look at a problem with the carburetors leaking fuel when the motor is tilted up.I dont know if this is a isolated problem or what,we will see.I had a bad feeling about going with omc from the begining,guess I was right.Good luck.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

The 60 degree V6's are great motors. The carbs may leak fuel when tilted fully even if the floats are correct because of the extreme tilt of the FasTrak TnT system. It depends a lot on transom or bracket angle. Set the tilt limit switch as required.<br />And use Champion plugs ONLY!<br /><br />Good luck!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Dhadley is right.All outboards will leak fuel from the carb bowls when tilted enough.

corby

Cadet

I own a 1999 130 H.P. Johnson that I purchased last fall and I am very unhappy with it.I would suggest that you don't buy it. Especially with the bankruptcy of O.M.C. I heard some people are having a hard time with Bombardier honoring their warranties.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Corby -- sorry to hear you are not happy with the 130. The V4 looper is a great motor when it's set up right. What are you having problems with?