Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

Jack plate on small boat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack plate on small boat?

Hi everybody! I have a friend with a 1993 Johnson 25hp on a Tracker boat. In the future he plans to repower with a newer more powerful outboard. I can get his 25 pretty reasonable for my jon boat but the problem is I need a 15" shaft and his is a 20". Is there a company that builds a jack plate for small boats? I figured I could build one if I had to. Does anyone have any experience with this?Thanks,James

Re: Jack plate on small boat?

Ahoy, JonBoater. First: check the manufacturers plate in your jon to be sure it can handle 25 hp. If it can, you can build up the transom yourself with MARINE GRADE plywood.Good luck.JB
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks J.B., 25hp is max on my 14'er, where can I find marine grade plywood?

Comment

Several com****** make plates that work well. Cook Manufacturing makes a vertical extension you may want to check out at www.cook-mfg.com part number 50012.Good luck!

Comment

Hey, JonBoater. I like Dhadley's suggestion better than mine. Home engineering can be extremely good, but it can also be disastrous. Buy a professionally designed transom extender.JB
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X