Need model list for Evinrude 9.9

fmc116

Recruit
Could someone tell me where to look for a model list for old Evinrude 9.9's. My husband just acquired one and is looking for the year of manufacture so that he can purchase a repair manual. If it would not be too inconvient please email replies to <fmc116@webtv.net><br />Thank you.

Capt DHD

Seaman
Re: Need model list for Evinrude 9.9

Hello;<br />Please post the model # and I can tell you the Year. You will find the model # plate attached to the port transom bracket.<br />Good Luck,<br />Rob

fmc116

Recruit

Thank you Rob. The Model # is E10SELCID and the serialnumber is E0001824. I'ts an Evinrude 9.9. Thanks you for your help. -- Fran

Capt DHD

Seaman

Hello;<br />Your engine is a 1981 9.9 Hp Evinrude sail model long shaft, electric start. <br />Being it is a sail model means it came stock with a small charging system.<br />Good luck, Rob

fmc116

Recruit

Thank you Rob, I have one more question. My husband probably knows what you mean by a charging system, but just in case I'm wrong would you please clarify it for me. He will be so happy when he gets home from work and I have this info. Thanks again

Capt DHD

Seaman

Hello Fran:<br />It just means the engine puts a small charge back into the battery when run. It certianly will not charge a dead battery, but will maintain a set of running lights or a depth finder without draining the battery. <br />Hope this helps.<br />Rob