Ocean Runner 115 Carburetor Linkage sticks at full throttle

TxSeaTrout

Recruit
My Johnson 115 Ocean Runner runs fine but this past weekend was a bit rough. When I am running full throttle, the carburetor linkage will stick at wide open. It keeps the RPMs high and will not let me go into neutral. I would have to shut the motor off, open the cowling, and manually put the linkage back to "normal" position. At idle and half throttle engine runs fine, only "sticks" at full throttle. There's not any lubrication points that I can see. Please help!

corm

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Ocean Runner 115 Carburetor Linkage sticks at full throttle

TxSeaTrout,<br />Haven't had those in years.
smile.gif
<br />Sounds like the syncro-linkage between the top and bottom carb is out of adj.<br />Disconnect the throtal cable and see if you can make it stick by moving the throtal by hand,if not > disconnect the rod that goes to the carbs. Then try to make the carbs stick by hand, if they hang then adj the joining rod so each butter fly opens at the same time. Also check to see that the return<br />springs aren't broken or disconnected.<br />Oil everything that moves with a light machine oil.If you run in the gulf you should<br />maybe use a diluted anti-corrosion oil cause of the salt.Full strength maybe too thick to alow the linkage to work.<br />...have fun...corm