1958 35 HP Seahorse Wiring Diagram

Woodypete

Cadet
Boat Wiring Diagram.jpg

Hello All,

Having rebuilt the coils on the motor etc, I now have to rebuild the wiring harness and ignition circuits. I have attached the wiring diagram that I have for the motor. I have bought what I believe is the correct solenoid thanks to the resources on iBoats Store (see the photo insert in the attachment), however I need to know where I can get a suitable voltage regulator. I don't see anything at the store.

lindy46

Captain
Re: 1958 35 HP Seahorse Wiring Diagram

Does your motor have a generator? If not, you don't need the voltage regulator. If yes, try AOMCI.org. Post a free want-ad in Webvertize.

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

The regulators are extremely hard to find. Even the generator set up can get expensive once you find the extra big solenoid box, the regulator, the generator, the belt, the correct flywheel if you dont have it, etc...

You can use a regulator from a Harley Davidson. You need a particular 12 volt, 10 amp, A field regulator. A normal auto one will not work, trust me. Part number 381-309 from jpcycles.com

You can thank F_R for his legwork on this info.

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

Should also mention if you need the belt, they sell for over 70 bucks.

However, there is another way. Go to polybelt.com, and order part number 255L037. They are only 5 bucks there.

Woodypete

Cadet

Thanks guys. I think that I will just stay with the starter for the moment and see about the generator later.

Simon