Need 95 Evinrude 115tleor stator advice ASAP!

BuckTroop

Cadet
Hey got a 1995 evinrude 115tleor that went south on me about 3 weeks ago. Supposed to be taking the boat to Lake Guntersville (from Ohio) a week from today. Rebuilt it after i got parts over the weekend. Went to fire it up yesterday and ran for about three seconds. I have no spark on any cylinders. Ran through troubleshooting stages i could complete with Fluke Voltmeter alone and "think" i need a new stator. It will only hit 100ish of the 150 volts called for when cranking and only makes 385 ohms out of a called for 550. Doesnt appear to be grounded out though. Not very good with any of this to be quite honest but I took great care to follow everything the service manual told me when rebuilding. It can't be all for nothing rushing to get this thing ready for my trip. Can anybody tell me anything they know on this to help me out. Will buy a stator but pretty sure you can't return those if I'm wrong.

I should add that the last time out when i discovered i had a problem the motor would not start at launch. ran for about half a minute and wouldnt refire. I assumed i may have flooded it waited awhile and trolled around fishing before trying again. No difference. just would crank and crank. Waited some more bout an hour then finally fired. Sounded fine then heard a snap. Should of shut it off but was probably too late anyways. Drove it back to ramp. I'm wondering now if maybe i didnt have this condition of no spark that led to rebuild being necessary. Had great compression in 3 of 4 cylinders with bottom left piston missing half a ring. My hunch is i had too much fuel that when it did spark and fire it was loaded up and caused a harmful detonation. Sorry so long. Please help me out guys. Need this thing running shortly!

Thanks!