evinrude johnson 25 hp crankshaft swap????

riverhippie

Recruit
yes i have an 1982 evi mod#e25rcnb its the model that has larger diamiter driveshaft but dosent have the tru pro exaust lower unit. i was just givin a jonson 25e78c my biggest question is can i put the johnsons crank shaft in the evinrude. or are any of the parts on the power exchangeable please help

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral
Re: evinrude johnson 25 hp crankshaft swap????

I would go to marineengine.com and look up both engine models, to make sure the cranks both have the same part number. That's the best way to make sure.

durban

Master Chief Petty Officer

it will fit providing its a 1982 model & it will also fit 35hp 1982 , cheers

mark1961

Ensign

I would go to marineengine.com and look up both engine models, to make sure the cranks both have the same part number. That's the best way to make sure.

Actually, the two crankshafts do have different part numbers but that may only be due to a difference in the driveshaft size/splines......

It would be easier just to source another lower unit imo.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

Sorry but will not fit due to driveshaft splines as posted earlier and only works with the 25 hp motors....

mark1961

Ensign

Sorry but will not fit due to driveshaft splines as posted earlier and only works with the 25 hp motors....

The OP wants to put a '78 crankshaft in an '82 powerhead so he can use the '78 lower unit.....it would be way easier just to source another lower unit but any chance this would work?