bubble doesn't get hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishfeatures

Senior Chief Petty Officer
i've noticed recently that my fuel line primer bubble doesn't get hard anymore. Now the engine runs fine so I guess i shouldn't worry too much about it ? have checked all connections and clamps along the line...

Daviet

Fleet Admiral
Re: bubble doesn't get hard

Try holding the primer bulb stright up, in the vertical position. If you have a stickey valve and hold the primer bulb stright up and pump it, gravity might help you break it loose.

Fishin Magician

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Try holding the primer bulb stright up, in the vertical position. If you have a stickey valve and hold the primer bulb stright up and pump it, gravity might help you break it loose.

ya know.. mine does the same thing occationally ........I'll try your idea too
hey... what do you think about putting an inline filter on the hose between tank and bulb...so I can keep anything from enterring tiny carb''s filter..

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

That would work, I usually put the filter in the line closer to the engine, but that's just me. The filter could be anywhere in the fuel line.

Fishin Magician

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That would work, I usually put the filter in the line closer to the engine, but that's just me. The filter could be anywhere in the fuel line.

yeah..I think I would like to get that little extra filter protection....sure beats cleaning that carb...very tiny....
I run it empty after each use too.....just to be sure carb empty's out....txs and FISH ON !!!
going out on the Hudson in a few minutes....lookin for wallleye....aka ..supper
FM

Dentpusher

Cadet

I added a full size filter/water separator when I put new hoses on a couple years ago. Would you recommend leaving the factory type filter on there too? I was wondering if it would restrict flow to my '98 200 Venom V6 Looper if I left both in.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
It could. The more surface area a filter has the better, lower pressure drop, which if it gets to great in hot weather, can result in vapour lock

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
(good issue, but 7 yr old post....) Probably need a fresh thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.