Need Help Asap No Spark 1980 Evinrude 70 H.P

justlookin424

Recruit
Ok hi my name is alex i am new to this forum but have own only evinrude engines all being 70-80's model 3 cylinders.I now have a 1980 evinrude 70 hp on the back of my trihull that i just bought off a fellow. I have ran a compression check before purchase all cylinders +- 2 psi. I also removed a 1982 evinrude 75 h.p with all new ignition due to low compression on 2nd rebuild. I have since swapped the power pack/ stator/ timer base and voltage regulator with known good parts majority being brand new. i have also performed the kill switch delete test to no avail. I am at a lost here and have no idea how i still have no spark when i had a+ spark on my old engine. Only thing left on old motor that i could swap is coils which would make no sence on why i have no spark on all cylinders and the harness. Any help would be very appreciated.

Daviet

Fleet Admiral
Re: Need Help Asap No Spark 1980 Evinrude 70 H.P

Go to the CDI website and look up your engine, use their troubleshooting guide to help you find your problem.

justlookin424

Recruit
Re: Need Help Asap No Spark 1980 Evinrude 70 H.P

I will run through tomarrow . Will the timer base gap cause a no spark situation