Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

How long should it take to do a compression test on a 2000 200HP Ficht outboard ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long should it take to do a compression test on a 2000 200HP Ficht outboard ?

Just curious, how long would it take to a compression test on my 200Hp Ficht outboard. thanks.

Re: How long should it take to do a compression test on a 2000 200HP Ficht outboard ?

I dunno, 5 or 6 minutes, guessing about a minute per cylinder
    Chris

Johnson - Evinrude Top Secret Files:

Proudly Dedicating My Time To Antique And Vintage Style Outboards!

Comment

Re: How long should it take to do a compression test on a 2000 200HP Ficht outboard ?

I'm no FICHT expert, but I do understand that the spark plugs must be indexed. That can take quite a while and a box of plugs. Just what I've heard guys complaining about.

Comment

If they mark the plugs before taking them out and put them back in the same position and cyls, maybe 1/2 -3/4 hr. New plugs will take longer as they will have to be indexed.

Comment

Originally posted by boobie View Post
          If they mark the plugs before taking them out and put them back in the same position and cyls, maybe 1/2 -3/4 hr. New plugs will take longer as they will have to be indexed.
          Your right boobie, people have to keep in mind that we have to move the boat into the shop and back out, Then boat covers, and all sorts of little things come into play.
          don't claim to know it all just hear to help.

Comment

Working...
          X