96 evinrude intruder 175

dcmmmk

Recruit
hey all..i have a 96 evinrude intruder 175 that has one fault on hot days..starts, idles, and runs perfect at WOT to the first spot...when ready to move it still starts and idles fine but once you give it gas to get up on plane it stumbles and will eventually die out if you keep giving it gas..will slowly rev up in neutral to WOT...seems like if i can get it past 1800 rpms in gear it will take off and run great..have tried using the choke when its not wanting to take off but didnt seem to help..havent really noticed it doing this at all on the cooler days i have had it out...any suggestions is greatly appreciated..thanx for ur time

Al B Sure

Recruit
Re: 96 evinrude intruder 175

hey all..i have a 96 evinrude intruder 175 that has one fault on hot days..starts, idles, and runs perfect at WOT to the first spot...when ready to move it still starts and idles fine but once you give it gas to get up on plane it stumbles and will eventually die out if you keep giving it gas..will slowly rev up in neutral to WOT...seems like if i can get it past 1800 rpms in gear it will take off and run great..have tried using the choke when its not wanting to take off but didnt seem to help..havent really noticed it doing this at all on the cooler days i have had it out...any suggestions is greatly appreciated..thanx for ur time

I am experiencing a similar issue with an evinrude. Anyone have input on this?

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

#1, do not rev the motor past 2000,maybe 2500 while under no load...ie in nuetral!! or out of the water!!!

#2 Ill give you $1000 cash for your motor...I am looking for a 175 mid 90's looper.

wish i could give you an idea....but i think the first step when not knowing whats going on is to try and isolate wether its fuel or electrical in nature..since it runs so good at first, id say the fuel pump and gas supply seems fine.... i havent heard many tempermental gas flow issues, especially not as many as we hear about eletrical problems. id look at wether the advance is working...maybe you have an electrical part that is shutting out when warmed up....

good luck

bob

boobie

Supreme Mariner

On a hot day when you start it up after the first run, let it sit and idle a little while before taking off. You may have what they used to call a "heat soak" problem. Has it always done this ?? When you run the mtr in the AM if you push in the key to choke it, will the mtr bog down ??