Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

1976 25hp Evinrude Foot Leak?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1976 25hp Evinrude Foot Leak?????

Jut got my motor running yesterday...Got home today and looked in the tank that I had it in and there was a lot of oil.. Pulled the motor out of the tank and wiped it down and noticed oil coming from a small hole next to the full oil level screw I dont know if this is normal or not and if not can someone tell me how to correct this problem? I took a pic so that you can see
    Attached Files

Re: 1976 25hp Evinrude Foot Leak?????

Yes, that's normal. That's a drain hole for unburnt fuel.
    '77 Crestliner Voyager Deluxe 16' (semi V), Spartan WondeRoll tilt trailer, '81 Johnson 25 hp, '88 Johnson 30 hp, '87 Evinrude 30 hp

Comment

Thanks... it had me worried

Comment

+1. Just unburnt fuel/oil mixed with water and exhaust. If it becomes excessive you may only be running on one cylinder, but it looks ok for now. You can either wipe it up, or place a paper plate under the motor to catch the drips. If there was water intrusion into the gearcase as your gear oil would be sort of a milky white/yellow color.

Comment

Working...
        X