1990 Johnson 70 hp overheat

Status
Not open for further replies.
My alarm went off again yesterday. I have a new water pump (complete kit), a new thermostat and have flushed water through the whole system. Worked fine until yesterday. I can go full throttle to get the boat (16' al. Starcraft) to plane and throttle back to 3/4 throttle and it will go all day. Just cant go full throttle. I can think aof to things it might be, but I am open to any thoughts or ideas. 1. When I installed the new water pump, a new piece was sent to replace the little "pee" hole. I tried it and it didn't seem to show me water coming out--just a kind of misty spurt so I used the old one. Could that be my problem? 2. Maybe a faulty sender? Thanks for any input

Last edited:
Re: 1990 Johnson 90 hp overheat

Re: 1990 Johnson 90 hp overheat

Edit: I goofed--I stated 90 HP, it should have said 70HP

Jake1975

Recruit
Hi Pipestone kid did you ever figure out what the issue was with the overheating? I have a 60 horse Johnson 1990 that is doing the same exact thing and I cannot figure it out

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Hi Pipestone kid did you ever figure out what the issue was with the overheating? I have a 60 horse Johnson 1990 that is doing the same exact thing and I cannot figure it out

Pipestonekid visited for the last time on 9/21/2012 at 2:59PM. Start holding your breath or start a new thread - Your choice.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.