Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to replace bottom Piston on a 1975 Johnson 75 hp motor need help...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to replace bottom Piston on a 1975 Johnson 75 hp motor need help...

I am trying to replace the piston on my Johnson 75 hp motor. The problem I am having is the front cylinder half will not come loose at the bottom . I have removed all the screws that I can see the top is loose but not the bottom . I can not figure out what is holding me back.. Is there something else I need to remove to get this off? Thank you

Re: Trying to replace bottom Piston on a 1975 Johnson 75 hp motor need help...

Have you removed the powerhead from the lower unit? If not, that needs to be done FIRST.

There is also a seal retainer cap on the bottom of the crankcase that has bolts in both halves... Only accessible when the powerhead is off.
    [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/forums.iboats.com\/filedata\/fetch?id=9974593&d=1435747884&type=full"**[/IMG2]

Comment

Re: Trying to replace bottom Piston on a 1975 Johnson 75 hp motor need help...

Originally posted by Chinewalker View Post
      Have you removed the powerhead from the lower unit? If not, that needs to be done FIRST.

There is also a seal retainer cap on the bottom of the crankcase that has bolts in both halves... Only accessible when the powerhead is off.
      Thank you so much this is what I was thinking after research .. Your help is much appreciated...

Comment

Working...
      X